Waking Up

The surgery went quite well. The only problem seemed to come from what I think was some sort of anesthesia-withdrawal or something. For the past 3 days I have felt like total shit. Going between headaches, joint pains, feeling feverish with absolutely no enegry to do anything beyond lying on the sofa napping or watching something on TV. This morning was no different. I had decided that I needed to call my doctor after a nap this morning. I just woke up about 2 hours ago and I actually feel somewhat refreshed and my head isn’t hurting. I also am no longer tasting that taste I seem to get from going under anesthesia.

Anyway, I do not feel like dancing around or anything, but this is the best I have felt since the day before surgery! I do believe I will be able to get my fat ass back to work tomorrow!

Another major event which happened during the last several days is that my brother, Roy, has moved out. Or, rather — he is now living at his own place in Brookline! He is still in the process of moving out. It has been cute. I think he is already a bit homesick for us and seems to be taking a bit longer to get his stuff over to his new place than makes sense. However, Karl and I are also having some separation anxiety as well. It has been really nice having him here. I feel that I have gotten to know more about him in a few months than I knew over the course of the past 25 years! And I am very impressed with the person I have had the chance to get to know! So, it is hard to see him move out — even if for just a few miles. I plan to go and check out his new digs next weekend.

Anyway, as I have written in the past —- Roy has been taking care of all the chores since he has been here. All of the things that I normally did were done by him.

So, today — upon awaking from my slumber and feeling a bit better, I decided to heat up a can of soup for lunch and put away the clean dishes in the dishwasher. I also got the bright idea to wash the sheets and towels. The only problem is that I just realized I know absolutely nothing about our new home. I had never touched the dishwasher, microwave or washing machine. I had to study the kitchen to determine where the can opener might be and also to figure out where the dishes went. But before I could do that I had to open the dishwasher. I also had to figure out this new-fangled micro-wave. It took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to turn on the washing machine. Kind of sad, actually. Anyway, I think I now know my way around the kitchen. Am still unsure of where Roy and Karl are hiding the pans, but am confident I will be able to locate them later.

As we have hard wood floors, it seems that dust bunnies multiply at alarming rates —- so I decided that I might even try to sweep up the floor, but after locating the little broom thingy — I can’t find those paper things you put over the broomy thing. I gave up looking. At any rate, I am feeling a little tired. Stupid as I’ve done nothing much to speak of, but I guess I should slow it down a bit so that I am able to get myself back to work tomorrow.

I think I’ve watched just about all of the DVD’s I had purchased prior to my surgery. Am really enjoying SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE — pretty powerful stuff and quite insightful.

Anyway, I am awake and am learning my way around the new home!

March 29, 2004. Uncategorized.

Leave a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback URI

%d bloggers like this: